Friday, December 29, 2006

I thought it was a leisure trip with ten other men to see the US but turned out he went on business

The last thing the man on the plane said to me before we part ways was this:

--Hey, do you want any more of that alcohol that you asked for before?

--What? You mean the red wine?


--YEAH!

--No. Not now.

--Okay.

I really don't know if this man was too friendly, and too little self-conscious
or if he was trying to get me liquored me.

Actually, the last thing he said to me was:

--Well, this is it. I'll be getting my luggage now, but here's my card and give me a ring sometime.

He worked for the The Administrative Committee of jilin National New & High Technology Development Zone Science & Technology Bureau, and actually to be honest, the very last thing he ever said to me was:

--Hey! Let me help you with that.

Which, I was really grateful for because I did indeed, need some help with my big freaking piece of luggage that took a little bit of top skin off the part of my hands where my fingers join my palm.

And then, I was in Beijing.

And then, finally, I was in Shanghai.

And then my parents came and greeted me and my mom had dark circles around her eyes that I had never seen before and I didn't know if it was the airport lighting, but we took a bus to Xinan Shi, where Shanghai was all night dust and lights, and on the ride back I slept on my mom's shoulder and my dad slept with his he
ad thrown back, and when we got home my grandmother was in the hallway, cooking handmade wontons, and my grandpa was in my dad's old windbreaker and he said what he always says when I come back, "Jianing hui lai le!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

your grandpa is really super cute =)

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home